UPDATE: Entry phase is now closed and the voting begins here on Facebook!
Woo hoo! It’s Back-to-School Bento Contest time! UPDATE: See below for new dates!
But first… today’s Back-to-School bento is filled with yummy Lazy Tuna Sushi. The basic recipe is here.
And as you can see the recipe can be modified to suit your tastes. This time I left out the scrambled egg and bulked up on the tuna.
The very roomy bottom tier allows for a whole boiled egg which I molded into a fun fish-shape, zucchini, carrots and cherries!
Yes… my bento box collection has a new addition thanks to our friends at Japanistic.com
Isn’t it adorable? And very versatile too. I can think of many ways to pack this cutie! How about a sammy in the bottom tier with fruit on top.
More information on about this adorable Elpha 2-Tier Onigiri Case along with other cool bento items can be found on their site.
What? You say you’d like to have this box for your very own? Okay… here how you can win one:
Win this bento box with matching travel chopsticks!
- Contest is open to US mailing address only.
- Post a photo of your bento creation on my hapa bento flickr group. Add “hapa bento contest” in the description.
- If you are not a member of Flickr then email the photo to me or add to the comments below and I’ll post it for you.
- You can enter as many bentos as you like, but only one of them will be selected for the final voting.
- The bento entry must be a recent creation.
- Charaben or kyaraben is accepted but not required. Your bento entry does NOT need to be cute.
- Entries will be accepted from now until
Sept. 2, 2011Extending until Sept. 9, 2011
- All selected bentos will be accepted for final voting.
- Voting will take place Sept. 10, 2011 through Sept. 16, 2011.
I can’t wait to see your bento entries!
Japanistic – cool, fun, well-designed Japanese bentos and other products!