Project Pink Bento

Posted on October 08, 2010 by Debra

My friend Susan of  Hawai’i's Bento Box Cookbook said it best, “ everyones’ lives has been touched in some way by cancer.”

This month, a bunch of bento-friends are creating “pink bentos” to bring awareness to those afflicted by breast cancer.  The month of October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month  so while you’re  twitter,  look for hashtags #projectpink and #thinkpink.

This bento is filled with sweet-sour cappellini noodles, ham,  roasted chicken, cukes, champagne grapes, star fruit and crab apple!

Also check out the Susan G. Komen site for more breast cancer information.

13 to “Project Pink Bento”

That looks delish! I don’t remember this box. New? Wonderful #thinkpink contribution :)

Thanks sheri, this is MY hk sakura bento box! It’s usually filled with non-interesting veggie lunch so it hasnt’ been published until now. SM gets all the glory! :)

2. ChantaleP says:

I always love how beautifully presented your bentos are Debra and how there’s just a flavour variety as well. Plus, wonderful that this is dedicated to the #thinkPINK awareness month! Thank you so much Debra for participating. It was for interior design community but I just thought, bento community is just as caring, big and strong as any other. You are a star! Have a great weekend…

Pretty and delicious bento for a great cause! Awesome ribbon too, love it <3

Wow, what a yummy combination of foods! Beautiful bento for a great cause. Think pink everyone!!!

5. Lyndsey says:

What a wonderful bento for the “thinkPink” breast cancer awareness month! I is so pretty to look and and heart healthy to eat! Win Win!

Hi Lyndsey, thanks so much for you kind comments. I didn’t realize the foods were heart healthy! Bonus!

i am loving this beautiful floral burst of pretty pink ham. what a great project and a lovely contribution.

7. In my age group (I’m in a new ‘age group’ since a few months ;) 1 in about 250 women get breast cancer. That’s a lot. So let’s think pink! & Celebrate life with champagne… grapes :) )