Hello Kitty Bento

Posted on April 11, 2010 by Debra

I was creating a Hello Kitty squidoo lens for the Kawaii Bento Club  when I suddenly realized that I do not have any Hello Kitty bento boxes!  I was shocked as I have quite a stash of cute bento gear and miscellaneous Hello Kitty stuff.  I guess in my mind I merged the two collections and assumed that at least one of the boxes  represented our “Queen of Kawaii”… Hello Kitty!  But I was wrong and very dissapointed in myself.

“Luckily” for me there’s a Sanrio store on the way home from work.   The logistics of this, as you can imagine, is very dangerous to a bento addict such as myself.

Case and point!  Just look as these photos.

I know…huh?!  There are no words! :)

But anyway, I managed to not buy one of each.  But it took awhile to decide and the suspicious look in the shop-keeper’s eye hastened my choice!  Doesn’t she know that you can’t rush these moments?  The pink sandwich box was irresistible so how could I not take it home?  Hellooo? (no pun intedned)

It is perfect to pack as a cute snack and that’s just what I did for my squid lens.

Here’s an overhead shot of the contents.

Isn’t it cute!  And very simple to pack… it contains corn pudding, sun-dried olives, tomatoes, broccoli, strawberries, snap peas, yellow carrots, watermelon radish, vegan tofurkey sausage, mozzarello cheese and enokimushrooms.   “Squee”!

28 to “Hello Kitty Bento”

ADORABLE new box, and beautifully packed. i’m glad there’s no sanrio store on the way home from work – i wouldn’t be able to exercise any self control! p.s. the watermelon radish makes beautiful flowers :-)

Thanks Megan! My only saving grace is that by the time I pass the store, I’m tired and just want to get home! :)

2. Lyvvie says:

I just found a Sanrio store nearby and I’ll have to poke my nose in and see what goodies I can find. I’d love some Peanuts/Snoopy stuff!

Saw the boxes on your twitter but you are quick to create one lovely bento in that cute HK box. What can I say? You are a great bento maker. So lucky to have the Sanrio store near you as I have to wonder around another country to find original Sanrio stuffs hehehe :D

Hi Lia, You are so sweet! It’s really tough not to stop at all the “cute” stores everyday. There are many of them in my area. Thanks for your kind comments.

4. Angeleyes says:

Envy!!!
    How I wish there’s a Sanrio store here! Well, on a second thought… better not else I’ll go bankrupt in no time since I can’t restrain myself from buying cute stuff… especially bento gadgets!

Nice bento too…. so bright and cheerful! :D

5. mils says:

OMG…what strenght you have…if I had a nearby bento shop to/from work, I’ll be there all day every day…

the box is lovely btw…and the flowers in the bento is so adorable!!

6. Adorable bento and I so enjoyed your great Sanrio pictures! You’ve captured the snazzy sweetness of Hello Kitty very well in this pretty lunch, Debra!

7. Lovely & healthy bento! I’m glad that there is not Sanrio shop anywhere that I know of, else I think I’m going to buy each of those!! Love the first photo with the HK as the backdrop! So nice! :D

And my Mum told me I was too hold to have an Easter egg with as Hello Kitty mug! Good job I don’t have Sanrio in the UK ;)

And my Mum told me I was too old to have an Easter egg with as Hello Kitty mug! Good job I don’t have Sanrio in the UK ;)

10. Vanessa says:

Cute! I wish the sanrio here had things like that. What I really want though are those snoopy utensils! :)

Beautiful bento! Paige would love this, it’s so pretty with all of the flowers and colors. :D Cute HK box!

Hi Susan, I had fun with this box and so glad that it turn out cute enough for a little girl to like. Thanks!

12. Lexi says:

Squee! So cute! Love the box, and the beautiful contents, especially the flowers.

13. KatyCrayon says:

I LOVE Hello Kitty. In fact, one could say I am borderlining on an unhealthy obsession with Hello Kitty. (Luckily I havea husband who is tolerant of my habit.) I have the seat covers for my car, the pajamas, the bathrobe, the cereal bowl, the cell phone charm, the chopsticks, the Christmas ornaments, the ice packs, the…wait. I don’t have a Hello Kitty bento box either!! THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM!! :O

Anyway, the box and the lunch are adorable. Kudos!

14. Julie says:

I love the colours! :D

15. Alice says:

Such adorable bento boxes! I <3 Hello Kitty. Out of curiosity, how much are they, typically?

Hi Alice,
      This little sandwich style box was about 7 bucks! I have couple bigger ones that were somewhere in the 10 12 dollar range. Thanks.