Mardi Gras Bento Box

Posted on February 16, 2010 by Debra

“Laissez les bons temps rouler!”

That’s the chant down in New Orleans for Fat Tuesday.
Today’s featured bento is in celebration of Mardi Gras!  Saba Man will be partying with vegetarian fried rice omelette, carrots, sweet potato, snap peas, cucumbers and tomatoes.

I know…he’s a wild one that Saba Man!  LOL.

We are also excited to use new bento “stuffs” from some very nice bento friends.

“Let the good times roll!”

1 Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. 17 02 10 16:45

Mardi Gras Bento – Bento Central

24 to “Mardi Gras Bento Box”

1. Pikko says:

LOL, cute! So what does “bons temps” mean? For a little bit there I thought you’d made a True Blood bento, since it takes place in Bon Temps.

• hapabento says:

Oh I didn’t even think of the True Blood connection. LOL! I don’t know what it means, “Laissez les bons temps rouler!” is the Cajun French translation for “Let the good times roll”. It’s not the French spoken in France.

A True Blood bento is a fantastic idea… lot’s of ketchup. LOL

just beautiful! the mask is so striking and such a clever cut-out! love the beads and the whole festive vibe of the shot!

Cute idea, love the mask feathers!

4. KatyCrayon says:

Very cute! I was going to do a Mardi Gras bento today, too, but I’m getting over a doozy of a cold so I don’t feel very motivated. XD

• hapabento says:

Hi KatyCrayon, Sorry to hear you were not feeling well. Get well soon so we can admire your bento creations. Thanks for stopping by.

5. Cute and so stylish…you’ve brought the Mardi Gras party spirit wonderfully to life in this vibrant bento!

6. Jenn says:

Looks wonderful! What a fun way to celebrate Mardi Gras!

And bons temps just means good times :D The translation for that is easy because the words match up exactly unlike most translations :D

Wow, that looks so awesome!!! Happy Fat Tuesday!

8. Lil'chan says:

Wow, this looks so elegant and beautiful! ^.^

Pretty!! The purple mask is so Mardi Gras. Creative work there and good set up for the picture d(^.^)b

• hapabento says:

Hiya Lia! Coming from you…wow, I’m happy to read your nice comment! I’m picking up tips from your layouts. :)

10. Angeleyes says:

Hi! I just stumbled on your blog from Susan’s site. Nice bento you’ve made there and I will be back more to check on your lovely ideas!

• hapabento says:

Hi Angeleyes! Welcome to my blog and thank you for your kind comments. Come again soon. Happy Mardi Gras!

11. Absolutely love this bento – it’s gorgeous! :)

12. Suzy says:

I’m originally from Louisiana and just adore your bento box! Even if it wasn’t Mardi Gras flavored it would be beautiful :-)